PSV Motor Insurance For UBER Partners in KenyaPosted on 2018-08-26 in: Motor Insurance in Kenya
UBER Kenya has today unveiled an exclusive motor insurance policy for the drivers and partners in Kenya. UBER is one of the largest ride hailing applications globally and indeed in the Kenyan market. It offers ride hailing and food delivering services in major towns countrywide.
Jubilee insurance joins other partners of the rider hailing app including NTSA Kenya, Kingsway tyres, MP Shah hospital, Rescue by Flare, Telkom Kenya among other partners whose stands are now located at the UBER Kenya general offices in Westlands.
JUBILEE insurance company is the largest general, life and medical insurance company in East Africa with headquarters in Nairobi. It is one of the most profitable insurance companies reporting profits of close to KSh 4 Billions in the year 2017.
PSV Car Insurance Policy Benefits
The partnership offers drivers and partners on the UBER platform very discounted car insurance rates to enable them save money on insurance – one of their biggest annual expenses.
Some of the high lights of the package include the following:
- Fast processing of insurance claims
- Discounted pricing for great benefits
- No claims cash back for drivers with a safe driving record. These will receive monetary cash back as specified
- Flexible payment of premiums through instalments
- Enhanced comprehensive cover
- Loss of income cover
Table showing the Jubilee PSV Car Insurance benefits:
|Windscreen and Window Glass||50,000|
|Towing & Recovery expenses||50,000|
|Authority Repair Limit||50,000|
|Terrorism, Sabotage and Political Risks||Covered|
|Emergency Medical Expenses||50,000|
|Geographical Area||East Africa (KE,UG & TZ) Subject to COMESA Yellow Card Procedures|
|Third Party Property Damage||10,000,000|
|Third Party Bodily Injury||Unlimited|
|Riot, Strike & Civil Commotion||Free|
|Passenger Legal Liability – any one person Kshs.5,000,000||5,000,000|
|Passenger Legal Liability – any one event||20,000,000|
|Special perils i.e. Flood, Earthquake & Other Convulsions of nature||Covered|
|Car Entertainment cover||50,000|
|Including No Blame No Excess||Covered|
Among the extra benefits that the insured can purchase at additional car insurance rates include:
- The excess protector – this is an extension on the main car insurance policy that shields the insured against high costs in the case of the an accident, to read more about the excess protector works, check out our article here
- Personal accident cover: This is especially important for the drivers and partners operating the online taxi businesses. If one is involved in an accident, this cover pays out in the event of disability or death
- Loss of income to the insured in case of an accident where the car has been garaged for an extended period of time
PSV Car Insurance Rates
The PSV motor insurance rates for this package will vary depending on the performance of the driver and how long they have been working with UBER. Long serving and high quality drivers can expect to enjoy insurance rates as low as 3.7% of the value of the vehicle
We have also partnered with LITTLE, the leading Kenyan ride hailing app to give drivers and partners the best car insurance cover on the market at the most discounted prices. Check out our PSV car insurance package here for more details on the cover and benefits. The car insurance premiums per annum starts from as low as KSh 25,000!
Image sources : UBER Kenya